We have been very busy setting up our class blog. I hope you’ve already heard that about our blog- it’s very exciting!!
We’d love your positive comments and feedback.
Please keep in mind that this blog has just been set up and is a work in progress. As the blog develops, students will be given the opportunity to add their own information to the blog.
In the information below, I have included a number of tips that are really important to use as a guide when commenting on a blog.
If you have any questions please contact me.
Our class blog is a way for us to share our ideas and our learning with other people. Sharing our learning means that it is very important that we understand how to use the blog and the internet in a secure way.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our students when blogging. The guidelines are also reminders of how to use the blog to improve writing and keyboarding skills.
• Student work will only be identified by first names. All comments should have first names only.
• Parents who leave comments are asked not to use last names either. (Please post comments as “Jimmy’s mum”
or “Megan’s grandfather”, etc.)
• All comments submitted have to be approved by Renee Fisher before they are included on the blog.
Inappropriate or sloppy writing will not be approved.
• Proof-read your comments carefully. Students should have a family member check for spelling mistakes before submitting a comment.
• Only Renee Fisher has access to post things on the blog. Later in the year, when students begin to write blog
entries, they will go through edits and revisions before Renee posts them.
• Always write in full sentences and words – no “text talk” please!
If you have any other questions or comments about the security of our blog, please contact Renee Fisher.